After reading this chapter, students will be able to understand the different situations and occasions they may be called on to use their public speaking skills. Students will also be able to identify solutions for these different situations.
This section defines what special occasion speeches are.
This section provides examples of the various types of special occasion speeches.
1) What are special occasion speeches?
2) What are some common places where you may have to give a special occasion speech?
3) Are special occasion speeches considered formal or informal?
4) When presenting someone with an award or gift, what hand should you use to hold the award? Why is it important?
5) What elements should be focused on when delivering a roast?
6) A eulogy would be considered what type of speech?